tennis us shop,online betting in india app,the khel group]
UPDATED ON SEP 17, 2021 07:53 PM IST
Meanka Handu’s YouTube channel Asvun Koshur is teaching Kashmiri with a dose of satire. She’s also reaching out to Kashmiri children from across religious communities, holding virtual sessions that aim to unite.
By Rudraneil Sengupta
UPDATED ON SEP 17, 2021 07:47 PM IST
While no one should ever have to justify a fear, it seems odd that a case of Covid prompted such different reactions in the India team, just a few days apart, during their tour of England.
By Riddhi Doshi
UPDATED ON SEP 17, 2021 07:46 PM IST
A new book uses snippets, short stories and anecdotes to explain classical Indian music and dance to children. The effort, by author and educator Shrinkhla Sahai, also features untold histories, colourful imagery and interactive exercises.
UPDATED ON SEP 17, 2021 07:41 PM IST
The singer-songwriter is on his final tour, capping 60 years in music. We’ll always have the hits. But we might miss his costumes more.
UPDATED ON SEP 17, 2021 07:31 PM IST
In an industry with less and less room for opulent productions, he seems determined to stay the path. His upcoming movies and a Netflix show about courtesans hold out the same promise of glitter. Could that very steadfastness stream him onward?
By Candida Remedios
UPDATED ON SEP 17, 2021 04:58 PM IST
East Indian and trivia buff Candida Remedios from Mumbai posts a quiz every weekend on Instagram. It’s her small effort to try and keep her language alive. The language overlaps with Hindi and Marathi, so even non-East-Indian-speakers can take a shot.
AP | | Posted by Zarafshan Shiraz, Paris
UPDATED ON SEP 17, 2021 07:54 AM IST
- The installation of Arc de Triomphe in Paris, by late artist couple Christo and Jeanne-Claude, will open on Saturday. Visitors to the famous Napoleonic arch, which dominates the Champs-Elysees Avenue, will not only be able to see the gleaming fabric, but to touch it too.
Reuters | , Paris
PUBLISHED ON SEP 16, 2021 07:41 AM IST
- The work, known as "L'Arc de Triomphe Wrapped" was finally brought to life by Christo's nephew, Vladimir Yavachev, who last week said completing the project had been a promise he made to his uncle.
By Deutsche Welle
UPDATED ON SEP 15, 2021 08:25 PM IST
- Egyptian author Nadia Wassef speaks about opening the first independent bookstore in her home country; and her latest book in which she celebrates books and booksellers.
By Deutsche Welle, Delhi
PUBLISHED ON SEP 15, 2021 10:13 AM IST
- Other winners of the prestigious Praemium Imperiale in 2021 include light artist James Turrell and cellist Yo-Yo Ma.
AP | | Posted by Zarafshan Shiraz
UPDATED ON SEP 13, 2021 12:49 PM IST
- In ‘RGB’, the 2018 Oscar-nominated bio-documentary of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the filmmakers lingered over the encouraging role of her longtime husband. Their latest, ‘Julia’, premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival and is about a pioneering 20th century adventurous TV chef Julia Child
UPDATED ON SEP 11, 2021 02:46 PM IST
Shakuntala Bhagat, who died in 2012, was India’s first woman civil engineer. Her inventions and ideas keep bridges across the Himalayas standing even today.
UPDATED ON SEP 11, 2021 02:43 PM IST
India has been on a bridge-building mission, speeding up city commutes, boosting border defences, offering hope in areas long ignored. Here are some of the biggest projects.
By Charles Assisi
UPDATED ON SEP 11, 2021 02:42 PM IST
There’s some comfort in having an explanation, however outlandish, for every tragic event. But where does it end, if we exchange logic for lies?
By Vanessa Viegas
UPDATED ON SEP 11, 2021 02:38 PM IST
The move will cause turbulence in your relationships, it’s no guarantee of good health, and it’s very very hard to avoid butter, says software engineer Shweta Dudi, vegan for two years.
By Natasha Rego
UPDATED ON SEP 11, 2021 02:37 PM IST
Can’t take a picture without a face filter? You might want to scale back, return to the real you. See how overuse can cause changes in psychological states and neural wiring.
UPDATED ON SEP 11, 2021 02:33 PM IST
Reclaim your vacant time, learn to use it better. It’s the ultimate act of rebellion in a world where whole industries depend on your scrolling, tapping and staring.
UPDATED ON SEP 11, 2021 08:40 AM IST
- A private modern and contemporary art collection will soon go on sale and feature pieces by artists like Andy Warhol and Pablo Picasso valued at more than USD 600 million. This is the highest estimate ever placed on any collection to come to auction.
PUBLISHED ON SEP 10, 2021 06:58 PM IST
The Bihar government has said it will introduce Magadhi, Maithili and Bhojpuri as mediums of instruction at school level, a major boost for Magadhi, which has no film industry or formal recognition, and is therefore largely spoken only in homes.
By Vanessa Viegas
UPDATED ON SEP 10, 2021 04:54 PM IST
Author and scholar Vikram Sampath is hunting down and digitising old records, not just of music but of freedom fighters’ speeches, tawaifs singing, everyday men and women. You can listen in for free on SoundCloud.
By Dilip D’Souza
UPDATED ON SEP 10, 2021 04:50 PM IST
There’s a square within a circle, a boundary all around. It’s a few simple rules of mathematics to guess the measures involved, but can you crack the code?
UPDATED ON SEP 10, 2021 04:43 PM IST
New platforms and changing audiences have finally put talent at centrestage in Bollywood. Stardom today must contain skill.
By Vanessa Viegas
UPDATED ON SEP 10, 2021 04:36 PM IST
What even is a dancing queen? Why must money money money, be funny, in a rich man’s world? Take a look at how Scandipop is still influencing the lyrics in your world.
UPDATED ON SEP 10, 2021 04:56 PM IST
There are three essential components to a pioneering woman’s success, says the first woman to head the Zoological Survey of India: confidence in yourself, confidence from others, and a well-planned effort not just to be the best candidate, but to make it clear that you are.
ANI | | Posted by Zarafshan Shiraz, Thrissur (kerala) [india]
UPDATED ON SEP 07, 2021 08:00 PM IST
A giant portrait of Mammootty has been placed at Thrissur Kbees Durbar Convention centre. According to the artist DaVinci Suresh, the portrait is 20 feet big made by using 600 mobile phones and 6,000 mobile accessories.
PTI | | Posted by Zarafshan Shiraz, New Delhi
UPDATED ON SEP 07, 2021 01:15 PM IST
Art Basel 2021 returns in its physical form after its 2020 edition was cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The two participating Indian galleries are part of a strong line-up from around Europe, as well as Asia, North and South America, the Middle East and Africa.
ANI | | Posted by Zarafshan Shiraz, Jodhpur (rajasthan) [india]
UPDATED ON SEP 06, 2021 04:14 PM IST
In an effort to attract tourists to the Blue City and promote its essence while highlighting the culture and ancient history of Rajasthan, artists have painted murals in Jodhpur.
By Alfea Jamal, Hindustan Times, Delhi
UPDATED ON SEP 05, 2021 10:16 AM IST
- This Teacher's Day 2021, let's take a look at some of the best onscreen and literary teachers that taught us how a gentle guiding hand can truly unleash your inner brave heart, genius and talent.
By S Farah Rizvi
PUBLISHED ON SEP 04, 2021 06:09 PM IST
Teachers go an extra mile with their students as they hope and wish them to take their legacy forward